Entry #3: The Cube of Snow

 I pick up a rectangular metal box with green border and a white center. When I lifted the box with my hand I noticed the sound of pebbles loud as thunder shaking inside. As I take off the lid I notice these white cubes rolling around inside the tin can box. As I pick up a cube inside my hand the surface feels like a sandpaper slowly getting scraped off by my skin. So I place the cube on my tongue, I chew at first but soon after regretted making that decision. The cube was as strong as a rock, I would have to slowly but surely use saliva to break the cube down.


I could feel the cube dwindling as I notice my saliva starting to become as cold as ice, and whenever I put any liquid in my mouth it felt as if the coldest blizzard in existence was occurring inside my mouth. Soon after the cube felt soft and chewy I took a bite and bit into two. Which then quickly dissolved and put that cold feeling into overdrive mode as my saliva kept getting colder and colder. Doing so reminded me of how when I was younger would play basketball outside with my friends in the crazy heat of Arizona. We would get tired and eventually go inside to drink ice cold water that feeling of uncomfort from being outside in crazy heat to consuming cold water is what I had reminisced of as I consumed this cube of snow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yahoo Sports! Blogs